This charming, free and clever presentation has become a new tradition at First Lutheran Church where children and adults can learn about the pipe organ and it’s repertoire in a fun and accessible way. Peep the Piper is a multi-media demonstration of the organ developed by Swiss organist and composer Guy Bovet which has proven to be enjoyable for anyone who loves music at any level. The live presentation by Bálint Karosi is built on the storytelling and composetions of Bovet. Interested in learning about the differences between all those pipes, whether fat or skinny, wood or metal? This is a great introduction that shows the organ to be an inviting instrument for all to enjoy.
After the presentation, children are invited for a brief hands-on investigation of the mechanical-action organ at First Lutheran Church.
Strollers, exuberant kids and eager parents are welcome to a kid-friendly atmosphere at First Lutheran Church where the sounds of the organ are in continual harmony with the sounds of children at our worship services. Additional family-centered events at First Lutheran Church include a professionally-led children’s music program on Sundays, a Christian education hour at 9:30AM every Sunday and even an Easter egg hunt!
10AM Guy Bovet’s Peep the Piper presentation by Bálint Karosi of First Lutheran Church and Yale University.
A German Lunch will be served at the church (reservation required) $15 for adults and $10 for children ages 3-10 from 12PM-2PM
- Free childcare is available from 10AM-2PM for children 6 months to 6 years.
- CONTACT: bach [at] flc-boston [dot] org or by phone: 617-536-8851 (First Lutheran)
- T stop: Arlington (green line) or Back Bay (orange line)
- Parking: Boston Common Garage (flat rate Saturday $12, discounted tickets available at door for $8)
- Additional concerts all day from sunup to sundown. More information here.