TO REGISTER TO ATTEND OUR WORSHIP SERVICES, FOLLOWING THE PROTOCOLS OUTLINED BELOW, PLEASE GO TO FLC Sunday Worship Sign-Up
The COVID-19 pandemic has required many modifications to the conduct of life in general and to worship, in specific. Like so many, we’ve made and continue to adjust protocols periodically as information trickles in and guidelines change, taking steps to protect to the greatest extent possible those who worship with us in person or who visit the church.
- Occupancy Limits. 40 individuals may register to attend our 8:00am service, located outside in our Courtyard. 30 individuals may register for the 11:00am service in the Sanctuary. 30 people may also register to attend the 9:30am Bible Study, also held in the Sanctuary. If you are a visitor or guest to FLC, please contact the church office at 617-536-8851 for more or updated information.
- Social Distancing: Beyond the usual 6-foot rule, indoor Services will also feature two pews between each family group or individual. 20 feet of distance will be kept between the pulpit/lectern and the first row of congregants.
- Face Coverings:Those attending FLC will wear face coverings over the mouth and nose while entering and exiting Service and while participating in Service or other instruction (e.g. Bible Study), whether indoors or in the courtyard, with the following exceptions:
-Those who have a medical or disabling condition will not be required to wear a face covering, nor will they be asked to produce documentation of their condition.
-Wearing of face coverings by children ages 2-5 is at the discretion of their parent or guardian, and children under age 2 should not wear face coverings.
-The leaders of the Service will not wear face coverings while addressing the congregation or leading the service, as long as they maintain 20’ of distance from others indoors, or 10’ of distance outdoors.
- Symptoms/Exposure: Please review the following to learn if any of these apply to you, as noted in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Phase III guidelines: persons who are feeling sick, are exhibiting any of the following symptoms (fever of 100.0 and above or chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea), or have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, should not attend services in-person. “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while that person was symptomatic. Persons asked to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or a public health official should also not attend.
- Travel: Please know and adhere to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts travel guidelines, effective August 1st, as found here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order